Sunday, March 29, 2009

Baking!

It's one of those days that I feel the intense itch to bake ... I have bought Nigella Express almost 1 year ago and I still have not baked anything from the recipes, so I decided "Just do it!"

For the inaugural recipe from Nigella express, it's the banana butterscotch muffin, which of course, as usual I'll tweak the recipe somewhat.

I've melted butter in place of vegetable oil, used chocolate chips in place of butterscotch chips and replaced 50g flour with 50g quick cook oats.

The results? no idea, it's still in the oven and I'm not too hopeful. The mixture was thick and clumpy. I always thought muffin batter/ mixture was much more liquidy than this :P anyway we'll know tomorrow.

Meanwhile, my chocolate banana nutella chocolate cake is done, but it's still cooling away. It's made with Betty Crocker Chocolate Fudge cake mix, with some changes as usual. Milk replacing water, and melted butter replacing oil (you can tell I really dislike using oil in my baking) and for my own variation, added 3 mashed up bananas, 1 big dollop of nutella into the mix, 1 big dollop of nutella in the middle of the cake with semi sweet chocolate chips, and then topping up with more batter and more chocolate chips. I sure hope it's good :P

2 comments:

Caitlyn's Mommy said...

The cake sounds super sinful...ly delicious!

muminthemaking said...

it's not as bad as it seems *rofl* the bananas did help to reduce the OD on chocolate, so it was quite balanced out and most importantly, moist. if i could have done it different next time, i'll just add 4 big dollops of nutella into the cake mix instead of trying to layer it. the nutella just sunk to the bottom of the pan!

the muffins are good too, next time i'll do a apple raisin cinnamon with the same base!