Tuesday, July 03, 2007

Vanessa is 3 months old!

How time flies, she's already 3 months old and she's grown so much - exactly by how much I'll find out this coming Thursday when we bring her for her next jab.

I'm now busy with work - the pace is picking up and I'm trying to cope with the flow. I still have so many new things to pick up and I hope I can do a good job. Not a matter concerning rice bowl, but the personal satisfaction of having done well in my job. Which brings me to my other full-time "job" as a mummy.

How am I faring? I think so far so good - I've learnt not to get upset when she cries. I'll let her cry it out while trying to soothe her, compared to a few weeks back when I'll just break down. I've learnt new tricks to try to entertain her - old songs come trickling to my brain cells as I sing to her. I'm just glad she likes my singing, I am tone deaf by the way!

How is my girl faring? Oh, she's growing by leaps and bounds, and she amazes me with her vocab. On a few occasions, she has made sounds that are so appropriate that we cannot help but be amazed by her - just too bad for my hubby he missed it all.

Example 1, I was carrying her when my maid came to show me a ropeburn on her finger, telling me how my naughty dog jerked the leash when my tiny one said, "HAR?"

Example 2 (this one I'll probably remember it for life), my maid was carrying her and I said to her, "Mummy's at home because I'm not feeling well, but tommorrow Mummy has to go back to work the whole day ok?" Her response? "UH-OH!" I'm wondering if it's too many ICQ beeps on my PC when she was nestling in my tummy.

I'm so afraid I'll miss so many more of her little moments, but I'm sure she will reserve some very special ones for her mummy...

0 comments: