Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Vanessa is upset ...

with us picking her up late from my mum's house.

Today I left work slightly late as I had the urgent need to pump ;P so by the time we reach my mum's place it was 7 plus. She was asleep but she was frowning!

My maid said she started fussing by 4pm and she told baby that mummy and daddy are still working so to be a good girl and sleep first. She did! And then, she woke up at 6pm and when she realise no signs of daddy and mummy, she threw a tantrum apparently and wailed angrily. So my maid had to pacify her and put her in the sling, then she went back to sleep.

We quickly finished our dinner, and she did wake up briefly to peek at her daddy who was carrying her. I guess that was good enough for her and then she continued to dream about milk bottles in dreamland. On the way back, she woke up and stare at me throughout the journey home, not making any noise.

We had a small window of time to play with her as it was nearing her next feed - she's sleepy but getting hungry so she's just contented to be carried. For a short while, she chatted with us, making her baby noises, then she got cranky and started to bully her daddy. So I got the maid to check her diapers while I went to warm up her milk. After her feed, she's now fast asleep and I hope she doesn't wake up at 3 am and refuse to sleep till 6am!. She does it from time to time, and it's quite tiring for my maid. Thankfully I'm on 1/2 day leave tomorrow, so if she does that, I can take over in the afternoon and let my maid rest a bit. I'll probably tuck in early tomorrow too - been surviving on 4 to 5 hours of sleep during workdays and it's getting to me. Hmmmm ... never quite expect myself to survive on such little sleep, afterall I'm well known to need my 8 hours of beauty sleep, else I'll turn into a sulky beast hehehehe

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

HI, need to ask you something...i read ur earlier post wher eu were pregnant but used some chemical product for your dog's fleas i think? Is this safe? Im pregnant and worried about what is safe to inhale, for instnce bleach to wash the toilet?

muminthemaking said...

i use the frontline spot on for my dogs - it's safe relatively becuz 1) I don't come into contact with the chemical (wear gloves if need be) and it's apply only on the dog's back - alternatively get someone else to apply. it's not a spray so won't inhale the chemicals.

Just aviod any harsh chemicals becuz your skin can absorb them and it will not be good for the foetus - this includes even perfume. I would say, get someone else to help out with the heavy duty household chores and just leave the dishwashing to you ;P

Anonymous said...

i came into 'contact' so to speak with the chemicals they keep using for mosquitoes around the neighbourhood...no skin to skin contact but im very fearful nevertheless about inhaling it. Does it reach the baby? So stressed!

muminthemaking said...

u mean the fogging chemicals? Ya it happened to me cuz the fog every week also - i try not to inhale as much as possible with cloth or tissue over my nose but well, no harm done so far lah ... =)

Anonymous said...

aiyo i never cover my nose! how?!
I walked past several times but this was about an hour after they had put them in the drains...i think this was not fogging but the liquid type like kerosene...sheesh im so scared

muminthemaking said...

I think you and baby will be fine - afterall it's only for a short period of time you did breathe in the fumes/ smell and your body will clear the toxins. Try not to worry too mych =)