Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Sing a song of teddy bear ...


Teddy bear, teddy bear, run upstairs.
Teddy bear. teddy bear, say your prayers,
Teddy bear, teddy bear, turn off the lights,
Teddy bear, teddy bear, say good night.
We've been playing this nursery rhymes CD for her and this song is stuck in my head for today (previously was hot cross bun something).

As usual, in the evening she's tired but she kept her eyes wide open. We did make good use of the time by talking to her and playing with her for a little while. She was quite happy, smiling away at her precious daddy. She also reserved a smile for me when I kissed her (yup, my heart melted like a piece of butter on a heated pan).

After the fun, she was contented to let me carry her and sing to her. I was (and still is) very tired and I could really only remember the song above so I sang to her like a broken record, just repeating that 4 lines. She was SO contented, she even allowed me to sit down (normally she wants me to walk around). After a while, without me realising it, she dozed off quietly. The feeling is ... so sweet that I let her continue to sleep in my arms for the hour, until I really had to make a trip to the loo.

The time spent with her now seems so urgent. Why? Since I have returned to work, I hardly get to look at her, smell her, cuddle her, kiss her ... it's a moment to be savoured, but one that passes too quickly ...

0 comments: