Saturday, June 02, 2007

Today is the day ... Baby bathtime!

No, not that my girl never had a bath before, just that today is the very first time I bathe her myself! Of course with guidance from the maid - all that bathing lessons from the pre-natal and after birth lessons simply cannot be recalled once I'm holding the baby in my hands and with her staring at me with her eyes wide open.


When I started undressing her, she started smiling - she does really enjoy her bathtime! I also cleaned her since she had pooped and then wrapped her in her bathing cloth.


She did protest a bit intially, when I was washing her face. She's probably saying,"Hurry up! I wana get into the water NOW!!!". Her protest grew louder when I was washing her hair and she promptly smiled when she was put into the water. I couldn't quite support her with my left hand while trying to wash her with the washcloth. So I switched sides since the FP bathtub I bought had a feature to help better support infants *phew* After that, it was a breeze!


It wasn't as difficult as I thought, but she's getting bigger and heavier, making it slightly hard to hold her and wrap her with the towel after I'm done.


Anyway, this is her after her bathtime. She does look very pleased and I'm very happy she enjoyed her bathtime with me!




If you are wondering which bathtub we bought, this is the one:

http://www.fisher-price.com/fp.aspx?st=2011&e=detail&selcat=bgpty&pid=35265


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey is your tub from singapore? Saw it on the website its $30 US, how much was it in singapore

muminthemaking said...

We got it from Robinsons, about $80 before discount.

Note that it's always more exp than US prices =( like the bouncer we got? it's USD45 but SGD$129 at Takashimaya.

Anonymous said...

thats a huge difference, wonder if its better to buy from US then?

I was shocked at the prices for stuff like cots and even steriliser when i was out shopping today!

muminthemaking said...

er, but shipping of such bulky items back to singapore doesn't make sense either - the lower pricing probably will offset any discount.

Since the GSS is on, it's a good time to stock up on such items?

Anonymous said...

pros and cons i guess...prams in US are nicer but then also more ex...yes trying to recce now that the sale is on but confusing as to the myriad brands out there