Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Food Fest

Nay, not for me. I was just telling this friend that I had totally no motivation to make anything at all (to bake or to cook) when I realised that, I do!

Not the usual cakes, cookies, dishes from recipes books but just simply mushy stuff for my little sweetheart.

I've made sweet potatoes, pumpkin and banana for her so far - I have yet to get hold of avocados.

It's not that difficult, but just the preparatory work can be quite tedious. After steaming, it's mashing, then straining, then cubing, then freezing. I've finally gotten hold of a new steel strainer, so it should be much easier to strain the food than with my plastic one.

I also find myself reading the superbabyfood book and other internet sources on what else I can prepare for my girl. The coming weekend I probably will make apple and pear puree for her, maybe peach too if I can get hold of some good ones. The dearth of good avocados is just driving me nuts.

I will probably buy some rusk biscuits for her, if I cannot find a suitable recipe. It's just so much fun to make for someone who is excited about the mush being served.

However, just a tiny complaint - she's showing more attention to her dad again *grrr*

0 comments: