Thursday, September 06, 2007

Vanessa is 5 months old

The days seem to be crawling - the mountains of work, the lack of sleep, and suddenly, Vanessa is 5 months old.

To mark her "monthday", she had pumpkin puree which she enjoyed. She also had a taste of my blackdate mooncake - she just plonk forward and gave it a wet kiss when I showed it to her. To further "celebrate" her growing up, she had her next 6-in-1 jab :P Previously, she didn't really cry when she had her jab but this time ... wow ... was she furious ...

The hubby reported that when she had her first jab, she cried to indicate it was painful. Then when she was jabbed a second time, she was furious! It's was like "I already told you it's painful! Why did you jab me a second time!" It took a while to soothe her and the poor darling had tears rolling down her cheeks.

She's now playing the "invisible mummy" game ... she will look left, look right, look up, look down, but just not at me. I am not sure why she is angry with me - but *sigh* I am doing the best I can. Now that work has return to the sane level (but I still have some difficulty in coping with the new portfolio since I'm still doing part of the old portfolio) I can "afford" to take my leave - I still have some 18 days for the rest of the year, so I guess I could take 1/2 day of leave each week so that I could hopefully spend a little bit more time with her (more often than not, I end up conking out the entire afternoon).

She's still just as cute - I could had never imagine my baby being so sweet and cuddly, and the warmth that oozes out from the pit of my heart - no wonder the hubby is jealous ;P

Anyway since now my peak of the peaks is over, I'll have a little more time blogging about her and hopefully, to post up some of her pics soon!

0 comments: