Tuesday, March 11, 2008

The Pee Collection

The PD called over the weekend and wanted us to submit another sample of her urine, as a certain bacteria has a very high count. As they can't be sure it's due to contamination (we collected the pee at home) so they just wanted to be sure and to treat it if necessary.

So I dutifully took the morning off yesterday and waited for the pee to be collected. I had reminded the helper to clean the area with soap before attaching the bag, so as to reduce the risk of contamination. *sigh* We failed 3 times! The first time she pooped, so everything went into the dustbin. The second time, the bag leaked, so we collected nothing. That was the last bag we had, so we had to drive down to the clinic and asked for more. Then we waited for the third time and she fell asleep on the bed. Unsuccessful again since the position was had to be somewhat upright for the collection. So I gave up and went to work.

Today we tried again, the first bag again leaked and the second round I was watching her like a hawk. I kept asking the helper and she kept saying no pee. Then I carried her for a little while, and I noticed her diapers were wet! So I yelled out and we quickly stripped her and thankfully, despite the bag having fallen off, we still had some pee left! So we transferred to the bottle, zoom down to the clinic and handed over. I am just crossing my fingers that the test will be OK, as I am paying about $70 for each test!

0 comments: