Sunday, March 09, 2008

half tub full and more

Today the helper's offday, so I checked the last milk feed and amount before she went off.

I cooked instant porridge (the nestle ikan porridge) and added a small slice of threadfin. My gal loved it (I didn't - I thought the porridge tasted mushroomy) and finished 3/4 of the bowl. We had breakfast downstairs again, next to the BBQ pit. It's a nice cool breezy morning so we enjoyed it without any buzzing mosquitoes. The dogs were envious though, they were whining at the balcony (they have a direct view)! I think they got a little upset when we waved at them. *rofl*

We brought Vanessa to United Square today - wanted to bring her for a haircut at the Junior's League (I think) and she was quite good - will post a pic when I get it from the hubby. I also saw a ex-client and I got a shock. He used to be a crew cut-ed no nonsense uncle (check shirt and working pants) and now he has blond CURLS and wearing a tight tee with tight jeans (with a belt that has a huge buckle too!). I was too shocked to think "mid life crisis!" - I went straight in and asked, "what happened to you!!!!" Anyway apparently now he enjoys a healthy lifestyle because he had to go in for an operation, so he started working out. He looks good, so does his wife *thumbs up* Oh yes, as usual my girl charmed them with her coy giggles and smiles.

After her haircut (sporting pink highlights and hair glitter) we went to my mum's place for lunch - had to give the GUG trial class a miss as there was a birthday celebration scheduled today. Anyway my gal was THRILLED - so many things to play with, what's more the pinata were full of goodies. She was actually whining as her plastic was empty (she put her hand in to prove her point) when her cousins were busy filling up theirs. In the end, she got what she wanted, when they were all assessing their loot. She held to 2 gold coins tightly and refused to give it up. In the end, I brought her to wash her hands (and feet) before she was willing to let go of her coins.

Why the title then? A lesson learnt. I always assumed that baby should have more water to splash in the tub, and that I shouldn't deprive her of that. Today, the tub was 5/6 full, and she had difficulty in balancing in the tub. In fact, she lost her balance a few times (even with me holding her) and the last time, she must have swallowed some water and she cried. She's fine, but still - a lesson learnt in child safety. Half tub should be just nice for her to keep her balance and yet enjoy herself.

Dinner for her was porridge (finally decided to grind the remaining tub of brown rice) cooked with chicken stock, threadfin, and some "xiao bai cai". Yummy! Next week would be "stocking" time - will be trying out my new 7 litre stockpot!

0 comments: