Sunday, December 13, 2009

Doing the prep work ...

We had to make a trip to the mall to get a luggage bag - I abandoned the idea of bringing #2 along since I am quite tired and I didn't get a chance to nap this weekend yet. We waited till the 2nd hand stroller was delivered (bought it off ebay) and then we went to one of the "mega" malls in the neighbouring areas.

We had lunch first since I was already quite hungry. Hubby suggested Aijisen and I had no objections since I was in the mood for soupy stuff and I like that place anyway. PARENTS ALERT! We ordered our lunch and decided to get 2 set meals plus 1 kid meal for V. SURPRISE!!!! The kid's meal comes free with 2 set meals! It meant that we had to forgo the discount if we pay by a certain card, but the kid's meal was worth more that the discount so we happily forgot the card discount. Although V didn't eat the fried ebi that comes with the set, we exchanged that with her from the side side (fried fish) that the hubby ordered. To my "surprise", he didn't order the fried fish with the intention to share with V, and he "whined" when I was exchanging the items from their plates. Well, no surprise here, I ignored him.

After lunch, we were looking at some stuff at the Timberland outlet and then saw a queue ... and kids were eating candy floss. Hubby and V only saw the pink Christmas tree and they headed toward that while I plonk myself in the queue. They finally figured out that I was missing somewhere and then saw me queueing ... It took a while, there was about 12 kids ahead of us and the lady dishing out the candy floss had to clean and add more sugar from time to time. Finally it was our turn! V let the hubby carry her because this short mummy couldn't carry her high enough to see what was going on in the cauldron. Candy floss is BAD for kids, but once in a purple moon wouldn't hurt. She licked it a few times while us, the parents, were fighting to get a bite out of it (she wouldn't let us!). The last I saw it, V had floss on her face and the hubby was happily licking the stick (I went somewhere to get some stuff). So guess who is the kid after all :P

Originally we wanted to pick up a Samsonite from the outlet shop, but we looked at the price and changed our minds. V was kicking up such a fuss because she was sleepy (wanted me to carry her) but I needed to make a trip to the loo ... on the way to the loo, I passed by Winter Time (where the old factory outlet was based) and saw that they had some luggage bag within our budget so SMSed the hubby to come over. In the end, we bought this "bird shit green" bag (it isn't all that bad) which cost us over $100, and a wooly hat for V (she finally perked up seeing the hat and was running around happily and letting her daddy carry her) and #2. I also picked up one woollen sweater for #2 (which cost 1/2 the price of the luggage bag!!!!) since I don't really have much warm clothing for him.

V is very much in her "spiteful" stage now. She no longer wants mummy to carry her out of the car, etc etc, and she would even smack my hand away when I want to hold her hand. She does get disciplined when she starts stamping feet, throwing tantrums or hitting at us, but generally I will stay away if she prefers the daddy. It's fine with me and she will get the message that throwing tantrums do not help. If she's jealous that I spend time with #2, that's perfectly normal, and I will give her some time to grow out of it.

End of the day, hmmm, well, she still wants me to carry her when she is sleepy right? =)

0 comments: