Friday, January 01, 2010

SAHM 101

I survived my crash course of taking care of the kids for 2 weeks without the help of maids (but lots of family and hubby's help). For the first time, I had to clean, bath, feed, and put him to bed myself - I barely survived, but I am proud to say i did a pretty good job with a serious lack of sleep.

On the flight, I almost died, but with the help of my sister and BIL, boy boy was finally subdued and calm down, and left the plane with 1 big smile. On the first night, my goodness, he cried for 3 hours straight, not to mention the fussing of 3 hours before that. Again, thanks to the hubby. sister and BIL. Initially I didn't dare to bathe him myself, but eventually I did, and it wasn't as bad as I thought.

As the days flew, it got easier to gauge his needs and one of the nights, he was so happy that he was giggling and kicking non stop for 30 minutes. In the end, I swaddled him, he cried, I put him on my shoulder and he promptly fell asleep.

I didn't get to do much sightseeing and shopping, but I am glad for the chance to bond with him. V was a fantastic sister, telling him "Didi, shhhh, oi oi, don't cry". Even when the kids sleep on the bed together, for some strange reasons, they gravitate towards each other, and one of the days, V was napping next to #2, holding his hand.

On the flight back, the first leg was manageable, but stressful. #2 was screaming for close to 1 hour during the transit. However, he conked off the moment we settled into the plane back to Singapore and he slept almost throughout the flight, give take a few moments of fussing. When we depart the plane and on the way back home, he was a good good boy! He never cried or fuss at all. The helpers were happy to see the kids, but #2 woke up at 4:30am and wanted to play WAHAHA ... he only went back to sleep at 9am this morning. I think he missed his Jumparoo too ... he was cackling like mad when he was jumping in it. I think he grew taller or heavier, becuz his heel can now touch the floor, instead of just his toes!

If I get around to it, I'll post some pics =)

0 comments: