Thursday, January 21, 2010

I'm a lucky mummy ...

Recently I posted about V playing "hide and kiss" with me ... today's is about #2.

Not so much as he kisses me, but the fact he wants me to carry him.

Now, you are probably be thinking - of cuz a kid wants his mummy to carry him! ah, but see, I'm not that kind of mummy (not v good with new borns) and he's mostly with my family/ helpers while I am at work. At night he doesn't sleep with me, and most of the time, I'm with V at home.

Recently, I notice that when he spots me, he will either grunt or squeal, start kicking and his hand outstretched to me, leaning in my directly. And .. he will shoot me looks if I just stand and not move towards him.

Yesterday we were all napping in the same room, V, #2 and me (I took urgent leave since they had to see the doctor for 1 reason or other). #2 woke up and starting fussing. I buried my face into the pillow (I was really very tired) but the fussing didn't stop. I looked up, and #2 was STARING AT ME UNHAPPILY from the arms of the helper. In the end, I had to get up and carry him. Then he stopped fussing immediately. When I brought him out of the room, the helper followed and he protested, thinking the helper wanted to carry him.

We did a "test" - helper 1 offered to carry him, he looked at her, turned away and cling on to me. My majie offered to carry him, again, he looked at her, looked at me, looked at her, turned away again and pulled my hair! He must be thinking - notti mummy! pull your hair!

He is also happy just to sit on my lap and observe the surroundings, when someone could be carrying him around, and playing with him.

Yes, the trip certainly helped our bonding and I look forward to the KM classes each sunday - my time with him =)

0 comments: