Saturday, January 23, 2010

grumpy, and counting to 2 ...

#2 is grumpy today, very grumpy in fact. He didn't hew me today - he just looked in another direction or through me when I was trying to get his attention. I figured the reason much later in the evening - because I didn't bring him out :P

This morning V accompanied me to Phoon Huat (argh I am so upset, I lost my privilege card and they don't issue any replacements anymore!!!!) to buy stuff for tomorrow's bakefest and we came back much later (although it was supposed to be a go-buy-and-come-back trip). We went to my mum's place because I had a tummy ache and her place was the nearest. So the toilet trip became a lunch trip for V and myself (she had her porridge and her uncle to fed her) and I also dropped off the baking stuff, so that I didn't have to lug them along. Then I made a trip to the petrol station to top up the gas... and to get more ang pow packets.

*side announcement*
Ok mummies, the best place to get ang pow packets is from SPC. The packets are the big type, which means you don't have to fold the notes, and they are of good quality paper - study and colourfast. Not only that, you don't have to spend $50 in order to exchange for 1 misery pack (hear that you cheapskate shopping centres/ supermarkets) - just ask nicely and they will gladly give you more than some (OK the aunty mode kicks in - I swiped 10 packs since they have 6 or 7 packets per pack). Get them while you can, and pick up some abalone from them too ... their pricing is actually very competitive!

Then on the way back, I had to pick up lunch for the hubby - V was sleeping in the car, so I parked (managed to get a lot that was pretty near), left the engine running, and I ran to the shop, ordered, shove $10 to them and asked them to please bring it out to me as my girl was sleeping in the car. So I waited on the pavement watching the car, grab the change and lunch pack with much thanks, and dashed back to the car. Thankfully V was still fast asleep.

Reached home, and I was getting my pump stuff ready when #2 woke up. He didn't even greet me with a smile as he usually did. He looked really grumpy. *sigh*

On the way to the FIL's place, only did he start to smile and make his conversational noises. Hmmm ... OK so I guessed he misses his daily car rides :P On the way home, he was sleepy and wanted to be carry. Against the law (see what mummies do for their kids!), I took him out from the car seat and carried him. But still, he fussed until I starting singing. Almost immediately, he kept quiet.

There are 2 songs I found that he would actually quieten down to listen - Doe a deer and a hymn. The latter was the thing that finally made him sleep after he cried non-stop for 30 mins during our transit in Narita. For him, I didn't really have a song for him, unlike V. I sang to V "baa baa black sheep" most of the times when she was inside me. V sang that as a first song :P

I could only think of the times I sang the hymn to V, particularly one short local trip before #2 was born - so perhaps, he was listening too.

When the babies would sleep in my arms after fussing, this particular moment always reaffirmed my ability as a mother. I do not have a lot of confidence as a mother, especially when they are younger, since they cannot really express themselves (or I cannot understand their needs). So it's always nice that I can manage some basic stuff other than playtime.

*****************

V can count to 10 and she is trying to count to 20. However, sometimes I really wonder if she really understands the concept of numbers. Today, I know for sure, V is definitely there and I should have more faith in her. She is probably a lot more smarter than I am!

On the way to the FIL's place, she found 2 sweets, so she was happily saying she has 2 purple sweets and then, "one for me, one for my mummy, one for ... my papa don't have. one for me, one for my mummy and none for my papa!"

0 comments: