Sunday, January 17, 2010

air kisses and potty training

We had been toying with the idea of potty training V for some time - why I said toying was because we weren't too serious about carrying it out. I wasn't keen to potty train her before #2 came along was I didn't want to do extra work, in case she regresses when #2 arrive.

Now that #2 has arrived, and they are getting along well, it's time for me to think about it seriously. So, we are doing it in baby steps.

1) she gets home for CC and goes diaperless till before we goes home. This will be pushed to diaperless until she reaches home.

2) Weekends at home, will be diaperless (unless she naps). We will put on diapers when we go out. This is partly due to my disdain for dirty toilets. I CAN'T do it - the smell along makes me want to throw up. Many a times, I have rushed home just to do my business, both small and big, because I CANNOT and WILL NOT use the toilets available outside.

So far, so good, except 1 minor hiccup. We notice that she put will put her hand on her but when she wants to pee, and this is our visual clue. Other times, if she is willing, she will tell us that she wants to go to the toilet. The only hiccup was in my bedroom, she was playing when she suddenly went "pee pee, floor wet wet". After next week, I'll tell the teachers she's is in midst of being potty trained, so hopefully the teachers will encourage her.

I always blow airkisses to V, with a loud "muaking" sound. Some times, she does the same to me - she will peek through the door, and whoever sees the other party first, will blow the kiss first. This morning, she came to the bedroom door, peek and then "MUAK" and then ran off. This happened a few times until the door was wide open (I was pumping). Since she had no where to hide, she would dash across to the other side of the room, turning and "muaking" at the same time. I lost count of the times she ran zigzag outside of the bedroom. She was giggling away non-stop. Me? I was delirious. I mean, how many mummies are as lucky as me?

0 comments: