Saturday, June 12, 2010

Cheesecake Cheesecake Wo Ai Ni!

Literally "Cheesecake Cheesecake I Love You".

Well, I can't help it. It was so easy to bake, especially if kids wants to help out and to mess around the kitchen. They like to eat it too, since I baked it into petite individual servings (cupcake kinda thingy).

I made Oreo cheesecake, but I also tried something new - rum and raisin cheesecake (well I had some brandy soaked mixed fruits that could do with some using up!).

Base recipe for the Cheese cake filling
1. 16 oz/ 500g/ 2 blocks cream cheese (I used Philadelphia - full fat)
2. 2/3 cup sugar
3. 3 eggs
4. 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
5. lots of oreo cookies

For the Cheese cake base - 1 oreo cookie (it fitted my baking cups perfectly - 1.75 inch diameter)

Method
1. Preheat oven to 150 C.
2. Get the cheese to room temperature, or zap it in the microwave for 1 min (high) straight from the fridge.
3. Beat cheese and sugar till smooth, about 2 to 3 minutes.
4. Add 1 egg at a time and beat till well combined after the addition of each egg.
5. Add vanilla extract and beat till well combine.
6. Crush some oreo cookies - coarsely and not finely, else your cheesecake becomes somewhat greyish!
7. Add the crushed oreo cookies to the batter and stir just a few times to stir in the cookie crumbs.
8. Place an oreo cookie at the base of each cup and then pour the cheesecake filling till 0.5 cm from the top.
9. Bake for about 20 to 25 minutes (centre should still be slightly jiggly when you remove it.
10. Cool and then keep it in the fridge. It taste better when eaten cold.

Makes about 30 to 35 mini cheesecakes.

Rum & Raisin Cheesecake variation
Instead of adding crushed oreo cookies to the cheesecake filling batter, finely chopped 200g bar of rum and raisin chocolate bar and add it into the batter, together with a teaspoon of rum flavouring. You are welcome to add more raisins/ fruits to the batter. I have already a new "design" in my mind and once tested and approved, I'll post up the recipe!

0 comments: