Monday, June 28, 2010

happy birthday #2

#2 turned one last sunday and we had a "mini" bash for him - see, lots of "mini" people came! In fact, I think there were easily 20 plus kids running around. But they were generally well behaved since there were some play stuff and craft stuff to keep them occupied.

#2 had fun, so much so he refused to nap. And he clung on to my hubby's friend like a koala. Yes, he didn't even want me!

The cake was "fun". This time I did a fondant cake. I signed up for a fondant cupcake decorating class with B-I-Y and I was confident enough to try my hand at it, since the store bought fondant they used at the class and which I could buy taste good actually! I made a train design, and to "use" up the empty space on the cake boards, we sprinkled M&Ms around. So yup, the kids went sorta crazy over it. It looks colourful and distracted the obvious "stitches" on the fondant. The cake were my standard recipe for pound cake so it held the shapes pretty well. The train track was made from the leftover chocolate fondant.

I think #2 had fun. #1 sure did running around.

I didn't cook this time. We catered in the food and bought extra "mini" food for the "mini people". I am glad the kids like the play stuff. To this day, the bouncer company still never replied me despite my emails and calls. Well, I'm never going to use them or recommend them. I guess my business were just too small for them.

We had some last minute panic attacks too. I wanted to print #2 photo on a thank you sticky label and then I realised I didn't have any updated photos of him *ack* So we grab the bedsheets, changed him and #1, and took some shots. My lumix L2 is still the best, and I think the next camera will be lumix and nothing less. Some shots turned out pretty well, so we managed to get him smiling cheerfully on the labels!

We did a photoshoot a few days ago, to "commemorate" the stage we are at. Hopefully it will turn out nice ... probably one more shoot to go, for all the kids, since my sis is back with her 2 kids too. It will be nice to have some pics of all the 8 cousins, but wondering which photographer we can use which won't faint from all the ruckus!

2 comments:

daphne said...

OMG that cake is jaw-dropping. Seriously, you are amazing!

Do you take orders? I mean, for real?

muminthemaking said...

Sorry dear, i do it for fun only.

You can always do it yourself. If you do not know how to bake cake, go to B-I-Y and learn (they offer baking lessons for cakes suitable to be decorated) and they also offer 1 off classes to learn how to use fondant (in my case fondant cupcakes). Once you know the basics, you can always just play around with it and come out with your own design!