Sunday, July 04, 2010

Teddy Bear, Teddy Bear ...

Teddy Bear, Teddy Bear, turn around,
Teddy Bear, Teddy Bear, touch the ground,
Teddy Bear, Teddy Bear, show your shoe,
Teddy Bear, Teddy Bear, that will do.

This was one of the earliest songs I learnt to sing for V, and which she seems to like. Of course it took me a long time to learn it, being the tone deaf one and having lousy memory of the lyrics and the tune.

Then out of the blue, I completely forgot the lyrics, but hey, it was such a easy tune, I made up my own along the way, and V loved it.

Then came Teacher Lavina's classes and it was a staple at her music time... Love it still, but I learnt the "proper" lyrics to it again.

Then came today, at the Library, having 20 minutes to spare before the library closes for the day, we wandered into the children section. V wanted only to go to a certain part of the library and this book, the last book tucked in nicely by the bookend, show "Teddy Bear, Teddy Bear". So I took it down and had a quick flip. Looked simple, pictures and very little text, but anyway, I sat down with V and read the book. I liked it even though the lyrics were messed up a little, because it was telling a story of how a teddy bear was lost, and through the help of his friends, found his way home. V liked the way I told the story to her (one of the rare few times) and so we borrowed the book home. We read it again before her bedtime, and her stuffed toys, namely Tigger, "I Love Daddy" Lion (Yes, that's what we call that lion), and camel (the measled- looking yellow camel from Ikea) had turns pretending to be the teddy bear, the doggy friend and the birdy friend. V played the part of the lollipop-man and I, the narrator as well as the owner of the teddy bear.

I even got inspired, ideas now churning in my head how to make it into a puppets play for V. But the sad truth is, come tomorrow, I'll be so busy working that I'll forget all about it.

=(

0 comments: