Sunday, June 13, 2010

"Long" weekend again ...

Started on Friday, since I had a bit of my ML to clear before they "expire" soon. I treated myself to a haircut and then followed by a fondant cupcake decorating class at B-I-Y.

Somewhat pleased with my haircut but I am likely to trim it a little bit more, or else rebond it so that my curls will stop flapping around. The curls are coming back with a vengeance at the fringe already.

Fondant decorating wasn't as difficult as I thought it would be. I like the cake they used but I still prefer my pound cake, because it has a lot moisture than the one they taught in class. I'll relook at the ingredients and compare later and see if I could "compromise" between the 2 since my pound cake tend to crumb easily. I had expected that they would teach how to make fondant at the class but my fault, I didn't read it carefully. They used ready made fondant which actually taste PRETTY GOOD. I was chomping my way down the allocated bag of fondant (that explains my size doesn't it) while the instructor was doing the demo. Anyway, I've decided I will bake and decorate #2's birthday cake. Just hope I will survive the panic attacks/ transport logistics.

On Saturday, it was massive cleanup of my bedroom. Threw out lots and lots of toys and magazines and books to the living room, and did a massive clean up. Then I disassembled V's bed and got it stored away. In its place (plus more shifting of my bed) we plonked down my old queen size mattress (which I first used back in 2006! got from Ikea for about $200 then but I quite like the support from this bed). I took a mattress from one of the cots and then use it as the headboard. #2 finally joined us for a sleepover! BUT it was far from easy. I had envision the kids playing until they got themselves knocked out. Unfortunately V wanted to go in and out of the room with a LOUD bang of the door and #2 couldn't sleep because of that. Needless to say, V got ticked off, and she went out of the room in tears (insisted on finding on of the helper) so the Daddy tagged along with her. #2 finally fell asleep after I put the bottle to this mouth - wait, it's not milk, it's water! He's strange, more often than not, he falls asleep with a bottle of water in his mouth rather than milk (he will protest violently if it's milk) and he doesn't want a pacifier either.

I went outside to look for V after #2 fell asleep, and she was still tearing away on the potty. Made milk for her (she didn't have dinner - only wanted milk) and then she promptly fell asleep after that. The hubby got to be KING of the bed since he had the whole bed to himself, while I got to be the QUEEN, since my kids flanked me on both left and right. #2 complained right from the start about his socks and long sleeve jacket, so I had to remove for him. V was coffing away through the night and I applied vicks on her chest. #2 then promptly started crying, so I had to carry him with 1 hand while I try to wipe the other hand which was full of vicks. I think #2 may be ready to sleep through the night without milk, he only had 60 ml! Let see if tonight is still the same, but I will prob change his position a little, since he seems to complain that his corner is a little warm. V was quite happy sleeping on this bed, rather than her own little bed. She woke up, singing "do re me fa so" on the same note!

Oh in between room makeover and the sleepover, we attempted to make bak zhangs - I could get the stuffing right, but I completely forgot how to wrap them! So sad! They look rather misshapen and a bit tasteless since water got into the packets of rice, but thankfully the center still taste ok. I need to find a shifu FAST to teach me how to wrap the zhangs!

I'll probably stop pumping soon too ... getting like 300ml in 16 hours only *sigh* and this pump probably be another 200ml only ... feel a sense of "loss" ...

0 comments: