Saturday, December 22, 2007

Falling ill ...

First was my sweetheart, who had the runs 8 to 10 times day. As she didn't have any fever or any other symptoms, I decided to adopt the wait and see approach. When she had runs 4 times at night, we went straight to the PD and as I guessed correctly, the usual PD is on leave. Even the nurse concurred with me, it seems that Vanessa falls ill every time the PD goes on leave. Nothing unusual, only her intestines were rumbling. So we did the stool test just to eliminate the possibility of salmonella (the thingy that's been going around). The PD said it's probably just a viral infection (again) and of course, the guilt sets in once again since I've almost stopped breastfeeding (just a miserable 80ml of expressed breastmilk a day if I'm lucky).

Then the hubby came down with diarrhoea, vomitting and fever. He's down with gastric flu.

Then now I'm not feeling all the best either - tummy's feeling queasy, been visiting the loo but no loose stools. Been feeling the urge to hurl too (not a remote chance that I'm preggie) so I decided to skip dinner tonight. Finally got around to taking my mulit-vits, so forced every one to take a dose to prevent any further illness over this WONDERFUL FESTIVE SEASON. It's Christmas, for goodness sake, and the only chance I get to take leave and spend time at home before facing the onslaught of emails and phonecalls in January. It's unfortunate that it's also the festive season for the flu bug too. *sigh*

I want to enjoy my time off to sleep with my girl, not isolating her from me or the hubby just because we are sick. It's just so da*n ironical that we get to spend time at home, AWAY from her.

0 comments: