Monday, December 03, 2007

Feeling alive ...

It's been a long while I actually took a bus home (yes I know I'm pampered). Usually I'm drive, I get a lift or basically just hail a cab. Today the inspiration just struck me - I mean, it's a free ride to "almost" home anyway. Besides. the weather is simply lovely. So why not?

On the way back, I was doing the scene watching bit, then it suddenly struck me - Geez, how long has it been since I actually felt like an individual, that I feel alive and actually feel happy about it?

I was watching the trees and plants by the roadside swaying in the strong breeze, coupled by the beautiful golden hue of the sunset, and I realised what I have been missing, all this while, couped up in my office, my home, and even my marriage.

I actually miss the feeling of freedom, the scent of breeze, the rustling of the trees, the warmth of the sun. Too much time spent couped up in the office, too much time couped up at home, and too much time couped up in a relationship. It just wonderful to have a breather - a mere 5 minutes walk was all it took to make me HAPPY to be alive. And happy to strut back to the grind of work, home and marriage committments and ... into the arms of my sweetie pie :)

0 comments: