Sunday, July 05, 2009

He ain't heavy, he's my brother ...

We had expected some fits or outburst of jealousy from Vanessa, especially since she did not see us or Valentino for the few days we were in hospital. Surprisingly, her reaction was very benign, and her first reaction upon seeing her baby brother was "Sayang didi" and she stroke his head.

For the past 2 weeks, Vanessa has been very good - she will kiss and sayang him, and she doesn't get jealous when I had to feed him. In fact, she is now used to me disappearing from the bed in the middle of the night, and in my absence, she will just snuggle up to the hubby (much to his delight I guess). She also told the hubby "don't disturb mummy" when he walked in to asked me some stuff while I was feeding Valentino.

I guess I was apprehensive about "introducing" the baby to Vanessa, since she was used to him being in my "tummy". She was quite loving while he was inside, kissing and hugging my tummy - but we had no idea how she would react once the "competition" is introduced. Plus the fact she's now 2 plus, she's supposedly in her terrible 2s, so I was wondering if it would be a lethal combination. All the worrying came to naught, since Vanessa is such a sweet natured girl, and so loving towards her little brother.

I can only say, Thank you Lord.

0 comments: