Friday, July 31, 2009

Stretched ... beyond unimaginable limits

For those who think I am enjoying life at home, you are so so so wrong ...

After V was cooped up at home for 2 weeks with her cough and was better, she was sent back to childcare while we struggled at home with #2 and the nebulizer. Today we had to bring #2 back for a review, and I decided to bring V along, because her cough wasn't getting better and she was still vomitting her dinner/ last feed at night. On Tue night, when the helper was struggling with #2, I was helping out with the household chores, doing the laundry and washing the kitchen floor. The hubby shouted for help and I ran into bedroom, only to see V vomitting on the bed. Poor girl, she had vomit on her legs and her arms, but she wasn't crying her eyes out, so it made things easier. We said goodbye to yet another box of tissue, and moped up the vomit with her soiled blankie. We then swopped with the helper, hubby took care of #2, the helper cleaned up the bed (change sheets and pillow cases) while I cleaned up V. I decided then, something is not right with V's cough, despite the end of the antibiotics and the use of the medication.

So for the review today, V is wheezing, and whatever virus she has (could have gotten from #2) is now in her lungs, and she has to take a brand new set of medicine, including another type of antibiotics. I was so ... tired ... but I just hope whatever she has now, will be cleared up with the new batch of medicine. We have to keep an eye on #2, even though he's good now, because now he has green poop!

I've been surviving on 3 hours of sleep for the past 2 nights, not because I am busy playing computer games, but I simply can't sleep. I was wide awake from 2 to 5am last night (started pumping at 1am) and despite the relaxation CD, I was just listening out to the baby monitor for any cries from #2. I'm still wide awake now, and hopefully the hot cocoa will help me to sleep better.

So ... V is stuck with us yet another day at home and I really hope she doesn't get bored to tears (and please, I really cannot take another round of "It's Barney!" *argh*).

3 comments:

Khoo Leo said...

**hugs**
flu bugs around.
JK recovering from his runny nose too.

pls take care, all of u.
wishing all have a nice wknd ahead :)

muminthemaking said...

unfortunately this is not a flu bug =( it's just a virus that goes to the lungs causing them to wheeze. Thankfully #2 is better now and #1 is keen to take her special medicine by the Doctor.

Keeping them out of the community's way, lest it goes around back to them again. Just very tiring for us to deal with 2 at home ...

Unknown said...

Hope they are all feeling alot better now... take care.