Sunday, January 20, 2008

The certification process ...

of being parents ...

And don't laugh at others, especially the hubby, because what goes round comes round.

Today's my helper's 2nd day off and we didn't really communicate on it, so I had already packed my schedule for today - facial in the morning, following by baking in the afternoon. My helper agreed to look after my gal until my hubby's back from sending me to the place, so my hubby would be on his own till I'm back from my facial.

As my sweetiepie was ZzzZing with me last night (wow, she slept from 9pm till this morning 7:45am - with 2 feeds at 11pm and 6am) so I napped a little to catch up on the lost sleep (well I was pretty entertained by what she did in her sleep - like holding her leg up high in the air) after getting the hubby to hand her over to my helper. I had barely closed my eyes when I heard loud exclamations and laughter from my maid. My hubby stomped into the bedroom and whined," She peed all over me!" I was a bit confused, but he continued," and she was wearing her diaper! And she also pooped! I don't know how it leaked!" How I laughed! And how I paid for it later.

Fast forward, I had finished baking for the day at my mum's house. My girl was ultra good - took her milk and food without fuss and she let her daddy pat her to slumberland. So after clearing up, we headed home. I was commenting to my hubby she's doing her poop job again in the car, and I was distracted by something. Then I turned at look back at her sweet angelic face, and I screamed, "OH NO!!!" Her poop was leaking from her rompers! So I quickly grabbed some tissue paper and stuff at the leakage. When we got home, I quickly wrestled her romper off and to my horror of horrors, a lump fell out from the romper. When I finally removed her diaper off, that big mess and stench ... not to mention, she had some of the poop smeared on her back when I took off her romper. So she had to be soaped and showered, and while my hubby held her in her towel, I ran the bath water to give her a bath. Thankfully in the middle of the bath, my helper came back and she help dressed my girl after I was done with her bath.

So lesson learnt? Never laugh at the hubby, no matter what the baby does to him. Because, you never know what the baby will do to you.

I think we are ready for a solo trip (3 of us) - but let's have a trial run first.

0 comments: