Sunday, January 27, 2008

the coming DMSA scan

My girl will be going for her DMSA scan tomorrow (for more information on DMSA scan, please refer to here). I'm a bit apprehensive and I'm starting to get butterflies in my tummy.

The mere thought of them having to insert an intravenous (IV) catheter into her little hand is making me cringe in horror and discomfort. I think my helper will be doubly traumatised since she was alone with her in the hospital when they had to do the same thing (we were home packing up things necessary for the admission). I can already imagine her wails, and the 2 hour seperation from the time they insert and the time they sedate and do the scan - that would probably be the worst as since she will be trying to rip if off and crying in discomfort.

All the worst scenarios keep flitting through my head (I shall not mention them) and it's not a pleasant thing to have to go through such things when she's so young. I'm a PESSIMIST, so I guess it makes it doubly worse for me - I can hardly think any happy thoughts.

Perhaps, as my ever optimist hubby says, I worry too much.

0 comments: