Monday, January 28, 2008

The tears and the smiles

My girl was thankfully very cooperative with her mealtimes today, so we could max her feed for her solids and milk before she had to abstain from all food and liquid.

The clinic people had the same problem as the people at the hospital, they said it was hard to find the veins on her pudgy hands. *sigh* But anyway, let just say they did it, and it was very traumatic for me - I was crying and wringing my hands to her symphony of wails (my hubby was assisting the doctor). Towards the end, I went in to carry her so that they could finish taping up the temporary splint. We brought her to "shopping" at the minimart and she soon stop crying. Later we had a "very hot"walk to Botanica Gardens, and she went back to the clinic in good spirits. She was so smiley that even the technician was asking "Why are you so happy, baby? My reply was "that's because she doesn't know what you are going to do to her next!"

To cut it short, it went OK, and we are now waiting for the results to be sent to her PD. Once that is done, we will wait for her PD to let us know if her kidneys has been scarred or not *cross fingers*

It's been a very traumatic day for me - so much so that I am tired, but my mind is wide awake. I wish I could do more to help my girl, but I am proud that she's such a strong girl. Much much stronger than her mummy, because after she woke up, she seem to have forgotten what she went through today and was her usual sunshine self. That is something I have to learn from her - to move on.

0 comments: