Monday, May 11, 2009

The story of Valentino ...

I realised I haven't really been talking much about Valentino, and I'll be 31 or 32 weeks tomorrow!

How time really flies ... V is already 2 years old and counting, and we'll be meeting Valentino in a few weeks time. Perhaps it's time for panic since we're not quite ready at the homefront!

Anyway, i'll just post Valentino's story for prosperity's sake, and sorry to bore you if you have heard this before, or if i even blogged about this before (honestly I cannot remember!).

The first person to discover Valentino was on the way is actually Vanessa. One day she just patted me on my tummy and went "Baby!" i was skeptical since i just tested a few days ago and it was negative. She was even the first one who said it would be a "didi" (little brother). My hubby think it's just a lucky guess since she probably can't say "mei mei" (little sister).

Having Valentino is a whole different ballgame from having Vanessa. The only thing in common was the cramps, but even for Vanessa, bed rest and taking the hormone pills worked. For Valentino, it went beyond the bed rest and hormone pills. I had to have jabs every alternate days and it wasn't an easy time for me since i had just changed job too. The cramps only stopped past 12 weeks, and then *sigh*, the migraines and vertigo issues started ... I had to see a neurologist and thankfully, after 4 weeks or so, the problems went again. Even then, I was still sensitive to loud noises and bright lights, which triggered off headaches. Thankfully my BP was OK and is still OK. No swollen legs to date, and no carpal wrists syndrome too. It may helped that I start my pre-natal massage early, once I hit 4 months mark ... right now, I'm trying to have the massage once a week - it helps me to relieve the body aches and to drain the tensions from my body too. Else my shoulders get all frozen up and my legs twitchy, not to mention i get leg cramps too!

Am i excited to meet Valentino in a few weeks time? Yes and No ... I guess I want to meet the one that's been pounding on my tummy from inside out for the past few months (i did mention i felt movements as early as 12 to 14 weeks right?) but I'm also worried how Vanessa will take to Valentino and if I can cope with 2 kiddos ... i'm worried about neglecting either one of them (well Valentino is seriously neglected now!) but ... i'll deal with it when it comes ...

I can't quit my job at this time, but I may well ask to work part-time ... not just for the kids but also for my emotional and mental health ... it's been very stressful at work lately and i'm really drained out ... and I am starting to feel somewhat depressed so it's not a good sign ...

Oh for mother's day, my hubby gave me a herbal spine warmer, which can be heated up in the microwave. That's probably one of the most thoughful gifts he has given to me ... I guess he's tired of having to massage my back!!!! hehe ...

0 comments: