Thursday, May 14, 2009

teething issues ... last round i hope!

V has been teething for the past 2 months or so ... her second molars are pushing out, top and bottom. So basically it means she has sporadic tantrums and clingy-ness. The latest episode has been playing out over the past 2 to 3 days ... doesn't want anyone but mummy to bathe/ shower, mummy to feed, mummy to do this, mummy to do that ... i'm on medical leave but out of the few days I'm given, only today I had a relatively better time, since I had a 90 min pre-natal massage for my stiff and sore joints ... i slept in late today and V was whining non-stop since she woke up. she woke up extra early at 6:30am and she looked for daddy first (since daddy was missing in action last night due to OT). Then she refused to let him near him, shooing him away. Then barely a few minutes later, she wanted her milk, and only I was allowed to hold the bottle.

I feel asleep shortly (I stuffed a pillow under the bottle) and basically slept through the din. I only woke up when she landed on top of my head, crying "mama" non stop. I helped to remove her diaper since it felt leaky already - usually at this stage, she would calm down and follow her daddy to the potty to do her various morning routine (wee wee, brush teeth, mm mm and then pom pom). I could hear her crying for me non stop on the way to the tiolet ... then i fell asleep yet again *shows how tired i am!* Later my helper told me she refused to do anything, and kept crying for me. she even refused to shower/ bathe!

The moment V saw me walking out of the bedroom, she zoomed into me and started her "mama" routine again. I had to get the helper to offer her chocolate muffin for breakfast before I had some peace and ZZZzzzz. When i finally had energy to drag myself off the bed, V was in a better mood but still in a "no no no" mood. She finally showered with me but poor thing, she slipped a little (i was holding her hand) and hit her head on the wall. Off the wailing siren went again. She was OK within 30 seconds though, then had to coax her to get dressed. Left the helper to do it while I went to get dressed myself. We drove to my mum's place (my cousin was coming to help look after/ play with her and I was more than happy to take up the offer!) and on the way, she fell asleep at 11am! all that crying must have left her exhausted hahahaha

Anyway, once she saw my cousin, she stuck to him like glue and I was happy to be left alone to rest (that's what the doc ordered!) and to pay some attention to my dogs (currently housed at my mum's place) - did some stress relieving therapy too ... snipping off the knots I found on my Phoebe - she now looks like a fake poodle!

Just hope tomorrow V will be in a better mood! I need time for Valentino and to start planning for the minor renovations before it's TOO LATE!

0 comments: