Saturday, June 06, 2009

Lazy Saturday ...

We had an early start to this weekend ... had dinner early (before 7pm no less!) and we managed to make our way down to Takashimaya for some shopping. It was pretty jammed on the roads, and when we reach Taka, it was about 8pm, still plenty of time to shop since our "agenda" were pretty short.

1) i wanted to get durians! Yes, craving for it again, but the stock wasn't too good, so i just choose one of the cheaper options and make do with it. FYI, i get my durians from the Cold Storage at Taka, in case you are wondering. I am not about to wander to Geylang and get "chop carrot head" for nothing since I am not good at choosing durians.

2) our Panasonic TV finally died after 5 years of faithful service. Unfortunately, while it was still under warranty, the factory no longer produces the parts required for the repair and we were offered a small sum of compensation for us to get a new TV. So that's the hubby's job, so he went shopping at Best Denki. Oddly, while we were there, I liked this lower end (and supposedly not so good) Toshiba LCD TV compared to the Sharp one my hubby was looking at. I look left, look right, up and down, and still, I am not convinced the Sharp model is better (even if both were playing blu-ray HD stuff). Anyway, I'll let the hubby choose since technology stuff is supposed to be his forte. My girl did pick a TV when we asked her, but unless we are the sole winner of the TOTO top prize or the top prize in Big Sweep, there's no way we can afford it. That TV she picked cost over $100,000. Yes, it's one of those super duper huge screen TV (no idea of the measurements). Anyway, what we are willing to pay is only 1/100 of that price of that TV so i guess, so bad for her. Besides our place is too small to house it!

3) I did make my way to the Barbie fair at the B2 exhibition square - i was hoping to find some nice shoes for V again. I managed to get 3 really nice shoes, 1 sandal and 1 sport for V and 1 pair of sport one for my niece. All at $15 each and plus a 10% discount. It was a real steal! This time round though, I didn't pick anyway because the sizes were wrong and nothing caught my fancy. My guess is, we got all the nice ones already! There were other nice ones too, but I will need to pay an additional $4 for the box to house it, so for the cheapskate me - I'll pass. Basically those shoes in the bin are cheaper.

Came home and V was still active. She was quite funny. She had her dinner at 6:30pm and she had her milk (240ml / 8 oz) at 7:30pm. She was sitting next to me and she was pouting - i cannot describe her expression, but it was hilarious. She was basically trying to manja me, and she was pouting, sulking, and acting "I'm so poor thing". Anyway she nodded yes when I asked her if she wanted her milk, so that's the 1st bottle for the night. When we reached home after shopping, we gave her another bottle at 9:30pm. Yup, she cleaned it out all right. Sometimes I do wonder if her tummy is big enough to house all these food/ milk - but since she's not vomitting or complaining about indigestion or tummy pain, it should be ok. As long as everything is in moderation! Oh ya, she doesn't get snacks like biscuits or sweets when I'm at home (unless I'm really feeling generous) so I'm quite OK with her eating more during her meals/ milk intake.

When she finally was in lala land, it was bedtime for me (wanted to do some stuff but was too tired after 2 days of pain). Ended up I couldn't sleep because I couldn't sleep on either side - my hips were hurting too badly. I think eventually I fell asleep on my back :P I had been having difficulty in walking for the past 2 days as my tailbone hurts - basically i just limp at work. My legs are also feeling numb, so i gave a call to the obgyn office and they said that Valentino is resting against some of my nerves, hence the pain and numbness. This morning, I gently pat my tummy and told Valentino to shift a bit because I was in pain, and I think he cooperated! At least now I can walk without pain, although I still have slight numbness at the back of my thighs, but it was manageable.

We woke up early because V woke up early. We fed her morning milk feed (300ml if you are wondering) and then got the helper to shower her and give her breakfast. She even went for a morning walk with the dogs while we were trying to catch some early morning laze-in-bed sleep. I finally got up at 8am (1 hour extra from the usual weekday) and then nudge the hubby out of bed. I wanted to bring V out for breakfast since I won't really have the chance come Valentino. We ventured to HV, got her usual egg and kaya toast - while the hubby was having his haircut, we made a move to the shopping centre, which to my disappointment, the store selling children's clothes were closed. So we ended up at Cold Storage again, and this time, something else caught my fancy. They were shucking oysters for demo/ sale. The oysters look so fresh and plump, i was so taken by it, that i forked out $20 for a pack of 6, got them to shell it for me, and then we had it at home. My only regret was that I didn't start eating before my hubby, else I would had 4 and he 2, and not 3 each. The oysters were unbelievably good, probably the best I had in a long time. They were not too salty, the flesh was plump and juicy, and the taste of really fresh oysters. I should have tried the oyster when they offered and I'll had forked over $40 for 2 packs!!

Now it's barely past noon, and we are in bed again, both V and the hubby in lala land again ... afternoon will be "reserved" for house decorating again, since I need to rearrange some of the furniture in the house. So we shall see how much I can get done before I pop ... hopefully everything will be nice and tidy and neat and ready when Valentino arrives!

0 comments: