Friday, May 28, 2010

Wonderday day =)

It didn't start off promising. Woke up and then discovered V's diapers leaked yet again *sigh* so changed her and let her sleep on top of the towel. She made us smile with a cheeky remark though ...

My nephew and niece came over today to play as they wanted to baked the yummy butter cookies. Well, I got flattered so of course I agreed :P I tested out the new stand mixer (didn't want to use my kenwood major chef else the kids will be yelling away and I can't hear them) and it was pretty good. I made 1 batch and the kids quickly got bored (what else) so they went off to make a ruckus in the bedroom while I patiently shaped the dough into logs and put them into the fridge. Given then I am in the chocolate mood, I made another batch, adding 1/2 cup of cocoa powder to the mixture. The verdict? We all loved the chocolate ones. So much so that my sister swiped more from the tray as she made me packed more for her to take away. I barely have more than 30 for the chocolate ones. The butter ones I still had another 50 or so, but I can always share the "fats" with my colleagues or V's teachers. I'll probably make another batch tomorrow and some cakes on Sunday. I have some sour cream I have to use up.

V was upset that her cousins left while she was asleep, but nothing my newly minted fabulous chocolate butter cookie couldn't fix. She had 2 and was all smiles again.

#2 on the other hand, didn't see much of me today, and was crying out for me at every time he saw a glimpse of me (if I wasn't carrying him). In fact, he gave his happy smile when I kissed him on the cheek. I spent some time with him alone too, tickling him and he laughing away merrily. I feel terrible that #2 almost seems neglected since V takes up most of our time and she sleeps with us. But the bonding that we did in Hawaii remains intact, and he still wants "mama". Yes, he can call me quite clearly now and when he's in the cheeky mood, he will just shake his head when we ask him to call me.

Speaking about shaking head, he likes the "rap" that the cartoon network plays for the "Adam Lion" trailers - the one that goes "funky monkey funky monkey, who's the funky monkey" (I think!). I would sing out to him at times and he would happily bounce on my lap, and his latest "act", with his head shaking away. Today, he was merrily grooving to Madonna's music as I was catching up on Glee's episodes.

Ya, it's nothing short of wonderful, and thinking of him grooving to Madonna's music has got me slightly worried, but it sure bring on the smiles!


0 comments: