Sunday, August 19, 2007

And now it's my turn ...

to fall sick. I am now nursing a sore throat and a slight fever - so basically am stuffing myself with water and herbal drinks. It's not that bad except I feel a bit off balance (head feels heavy on the left side only). It's as if my body is telling me - ok you don't want blocked ducts? then fine, in exchange i give you this fever and sore throat... in exchange for pumping for 2 hours and still end up in agony, well, it seems like a fair exchange!

She slept very well on Friday night, either that or I was too conked out to hear her little whines on and off. I only woke up once or twice to switch her to another pillow (presumeably it was getting too warm for her) and pat her to sleep. We both enjoy 5 1/2 hours of very minimally interrupted sleep, so needless so say, she woke up beaming.

Last night with my fever and increasingly painful throat, I gave up the idea and so I had uninterrupted sleep for 7 hours in a stretch. Woke up with a tight throat (not to mention very sore) but the pump session must still go on. Surprisingly I finished in 30 minutes time (total 240ml - been a long while since I hit this volume) and I could enjoy my girl a little then I headed back to bed. Next thing I know, it's almost noon time already!

Hopefully tomorrow we won't have to wait too long to see the PD. If I feel better, I will head back to work since I can vividly imagine the pile of emails waiting to be answered. Hopefully after next week, I could take a day off to rest a little and spend some time with my cutiepie.

0 comments: