Saturday, August 11, 2007

A teething problem ...

My sweetie pie is running a low temperature since Thursday ... I thought so, but no one seem to believe me until I waved to them the thermometer with the temp reading. It's not very high ... 37.9 degree was the highest but it was enough to make her a bit cranky ... So we've been observing and giving her a dose of panadol now and then when it goes up ...

We called the PD's office this morning and asked if we should bring her down or just to a GP. They said she's most likely teething!

I peered at her gums, but I don't seem to detect any swollen gums ... her appetite is definitely off, so we have reduced her feed to 125ml and she's still not finishing it.

Last night she was sleeping with me, and she got up at 11pm for her feed - I got the maid to send her back to my room when she's done and although she "whined" a little in her sleep (a little patting and cooing and carrying didn't hurt) and we had a good night sleep till 6am! I got quite a shock too ... because my last pump was at 8pm. I had to carry her over to the maid, and it hurt so badly. I had to do a dual pump too, I couldn't take the "want to burst anytime" feeling. I'm not going to risk that tonight, so I'll have a quick pump again at 12 midnight (last pump was at 9pm) then I'll cuddle her over to my bed ...

It's not easy, since I'm already lacking sleep during the workdays ... but I wouldn't want to miss kissing my girl's hands and hugging her to sleep ... especially when she's growing so fast ... teething already!

0 comments: