Saturday, August 18, 2007

The Cheeky Girl

My girl is getting ever so cheeky.

To all IT professionals, my girl is just the one for you. Today we were having a little conversation (she's in a super good mood this morning after zzZzz-ing away for 5.5 hours with me) when she suddenly uttered this phrase "HELLO WORLD". I was bowled over ... of course it wasn't the exact words, but her sounds were so close to it (more like "ah-wo-were")! I guessed she is her daddy's daughter after all - like father like daughter!

She's also very smart - she keeps tracks who's been spending time with her and who has to do payback. She picked on her daddy today ... she gave him her sweetest smiles and gurgle at him for a little while then she started it .... "AIRRRRRRRRRR" she started complaining (basically ordering him to stand up and walk around) so I caught her cue and told the hubby she wanted to be on the shoulder ... well she wasn't quite satisfied with that position and continued her "AIRRRRRRRR" on and off to get him moving around! Then I walked past them and asked "You bullying papa is it?" She poke her second finger upwards and gave me a cheeky grin. Then, she promptly went "AIRRRRRRRR' again *rofl*

She has also mastered the basic techniques of grasping items - last night she was dozing off and sucking on her pacifier. Her hand slowly crept up to her face and then started fiddling with her pacifier. Suddenly she just drew out the pacifier with a flourish *TADAH* (with her arm flinging to the side) Now she is practising to putting in and out out her mouth her pacifier.

She also enjoys doing sit-ups now (not interested in flipping anymore!) so I will hold her hands and she pulls herself up a little then I'll further pull her into a sitting position ... she seems to enjoy this new "play time" haha ... she seems very pleased with herself for a moment and then proceed to lick my hands!

Hmmmm ... well worth the lack of sleep and the frustration of dealing with block ducts (yup they are still plaguing me) ... especially when I get to take a deep whiff of her head when I reach home ....

0 comments: