Friday, May 23, 2008

Project Hairclips - ladybird and more

Worked on a few other hairclips today - sketching out the design was the most tedious. I'm not the best artist so my sketches look horrible, but thankfully it turned out OK.

I couldn't sleep much today as I was coughing too much, and with the HOT HOT sun giving its mighty rays, I guessed I could make do with the natural light to do some sewing.

I tried making a flowery clip with some small pearly beads but I was 95% done and I hated it. So I ripped out everything and redid it, closely to what I had in mind previously.

The second hairclip I made today, was for Kaizer. I hope he (or the mummy) or likes it!

I managed to get my girl in a good mood today as well, so she posed some photos with the ladybird clip.



The bouquet hairclip - beads from Diaso

My Valentino TY bear as the model since Vanessa was already asleep when I finished this clip.



The beads are meant to be dew drops or droplets of water - Kaizer, do I pass your quality/ design tests?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The clip's sooooooo cute! I like it! My mama thinks that I will look very very pretty with it, hehee!!!

muminthemaking said...

goody then, then when u meet Vanessa, she can wear the ladybird hairclip, then we will stick your heads to each other for a pic!