Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Project Hairclips (suspended)

Ya, I'm not making any new clips for the time being. For one, I prefer to have smaller clips and I am considering buying that and alligator clips from overseas. Not to mention the ribbons, the variety seems better than what we can get from there. Spotlight's collection doesn't quite fulfil my needs, so ... $$$$$ will be spent again, hopefully not in vain.

I had another mummy, "inspired" by my projects and she made a collection of cute felt clippies. She's not going to show it (I asked if I could showcase her works here) as she feels that her work is "amateurish". Personally speaking, I think her clips look fantastic as she is very creative! Another mummy also thanked me for showing her how to make clips (via my blog) so I am actually very happy. Not only that some mummies now can make clips like me, but also someone actually reads my blog. *heh*

2 comments:

Atinarin said...

i have been spending up to $6 for a pair of clips for my bb girl!
Its great that you make them yourself...should consider selling them!
But prob is my hb keeps rejecting the mere wearing of such clips, saying that bb may swallow them...sigh

muminthemaking said...

If the clips are big enough, baby won't be able to eat them.

But I understand your hubby's point: when you buy such items, you have no idea what chemicals have been used to make commercial hairclips, and thus, whether it's safe even if your baby sucks on them.