Friday, November 20, 2009

Cuddles and Snuggles

It has been a terrible week - kids are sick, hub's sick and I'm sick and we are busy at work too. So it is mentally, emotionally and physically draining. The most telling sign that I have a serious lack of sleep other than my eye bags, is that my eyes are suffering from dryness, so much so I have difficulty in focusing when I read or look at things. Other than that, my milk ss is starting to dip so I am really looking forward to stoning out and sleeping in for the weekend.

On Tuesday, V for some strange reasons, complained about her mouth pain which eventually became teeth pain. She cried almost non stop since she reached home and that almost drove me up the wall. She refused dinner, water and milk, since her mouth "pain" and went to bed on a empty stomach. She woke up at 3am and happily announced "no more teeth pain already!" and wanted her 'nuk nuk'. So had to warm up her milk, feed her and entertain her a bit before I conk out. Her coughing almost meant a near sleepless night for me. Needless to say, I didn't have a chance to spend with #2 at all.

Wednesday, it was a total blur. I think I spent less than 5 mins with #2 but mostly with V since she was crying. She went to bed sulking and angry with me because I took away my HP from her. I woke up in the middle of the night to realise her diaper leaked so woke up the hub, changed her and put some towels to soak up and to cover the damp parts. Yes, we went back to sleep, on top of the towels.

Thursday, V decidedly was in a much better mood. I managed to spend about 10 to 15 mins with both kids together, and #2 was so happy that he was giggling away. Initially, he looked at me me forlornly, nary a smile. He watched me have my dinner and was in a slightly better mood after that. He loved to be bounced (but not too much for him since it's bedtime!) and he seemed to be having fun just having his sister and mummy around him. I felt so guilty when I was cuddling him, what kind of parent am I - he's sick yet I don't have time to spend with him. I'm thankful he enjoyed the attention from me, even if it is limited and has to be shared with his sister. I'm thankful also he's such a smiley baby, and it gives another meaning to "you light up my life". V was a cheerful baby too, but she was a REAL petty/ fierce one - I remember how angry she was with me with I first went back to work, but #2 was good - he didn't throw a tantrum at me! Come to think about it, the common temperaments that they do share as babies - smiley, fierce and relatively impatient.

Friday - well, one hour into Friday now, I'm just thinking that I have done something really good/ right to have these 2 wonderful kids. I'm also learning to count my blessings again, and not to dwell too much on negative stuff.

Oh, and V did a "dance" for me to Wonder Girls' "Nobody". Nope, no video, since my hp was used to play the song. That kinda made up for the crying bit for the past 2 days ...

0 comments: