Monday, November 02, 2009

There is not better time than now ...

What prompted this thought?

2 remarks that my mummy friend's hubby and another mummy friend made ...

this hubby of my mummy friend - it's the first time we actually had a chat ... I was having a late breakfast with another daddy friend, when I spotted him and invited him to join us. Our girls were in the same dancing class, so the respective spouses were accompanying them for the class, while the other halves were somewhere having a break and time to themselves.

Anyway, this hubby of my mummy friend, let's call him A. We were talking about our kids, about the physical traits that they inherited from us, when he mentioned about kids who were bad and then turned good and vice versa. I thought about how I felt about teenagers before, and I still shudder at the thought of my kids turning into pre-teens. But maybe he is right, kids who are bad, can still turn out alright later.

Another mummy friend shared that she overheard this conversation - one girl asked her friends to keep quiet because she was talking to her f*bleep*ing mother. Will my girl think of me in the same way 10 years down the road?

Tonight, I snuggled up to my girl and told her I love her. I also asked if I could hug her to sleep. She as usual, shook her head. I kinda whined to her, "but you hadn't let me hug you to sleep for a long time." She thought about it for a little while then nodded her head, and opened her arms to hug me. I got to cuddle her a little then she turned away to sleep. She did snuggled to me a few times later, it seems like she was making an effort.

No matter what my girl may think of me, no matter how she may turn out, she is still my girl. I love her, and there is no better time than now to tell her that and to hold her in my arms.

0 comments: