Saturday, November 21, 2009

making full use of the bread machine

i have this bread machine, which i got from carrefour about 1 year back, but i finally took it out to use it.

and i have been having fun churning out breads - simple ones, just dump in ingredients and then look at it in the morning.

I've tried Hokkaido milk bread, simple white bread, banana & raisin & cinnamon bread, cinnamon and raisin sweet bread and some bread which I just "guessed" the weight of the ingredients. needless to say, some of the products are disastrous. but i at least have 3 working recipes now, and they turn out great, as long as I resist the temptation to keep using the french bread settings. I know the rapid rise setting is a gone case for me - i can't get any decent bread out of that setting even if i heat up all my ingredients before hand.

well, why make bread when i can buy it off the shelf? It's home made, no preservatives, and I get to see V enjoying it.


0 comments: