Wednesday, November 11, 2009

A happy wheezer and some ...

#2 is sick again ... he started coughing on Friday and by Saturday, he was wheezing slightly, so I started him on the nebulizer. Then, on the way to work yesterday, he was wheezing quite badly and he seems to be panting. I had originally planned to bring him to the PD in the afternoon but I got alarmed and immediately decided to bring him to see the PD right then.

Wanted to save some time and see another PD within the same clinic, but my lucky stars were shining on me. The regular PD came in early so I switched Q and got to see him fairly quickly (within 45 mins). #2 was so cute ... he was lying on the examination table, wheezing away but smiling away happily at the PD. The PD said "You have a happy wheezer!" I was baffled but he proceeded to explain that it's a term used for people who seem healthy and strong (big sized was mentioned I think) with sensitive airways. I didn't check which growth percentile my boy is in, but I'm very sure it's at 75th or so. Ah well, just as well I have my nebulizer machine :P We will have to go back for a review tomorrow (or rather today) and we will see how it goes. He seems to be wheezing just as badly, but my helper tells me otherwise. He's spitting out a lot of phelgm but I can hear him wheezing away *sigh* He hasn't given me a happy smile today yet =(

And some ... the darnest things kids can do :P

I was asking my helper for my christmas wrappers (yes I start very early :P) when #1 gestured for us to stop and said "wait!". She ran into our bedroom and came out with something. She thrust her hands outwards and said "your wrappers!" We looked at her hands and burst out laughing - she was holding on to my disposable breast pads!!!!! well, technically she isn't wrong, is she? :P

Some things to make me worry about V turning into a teen ... the principal of the CC that V goes to told me that one of her classmates woke up from his nap and started looking for V. He cried "where is my V!" The principal couldn't believe her ears and asked him to repeat. He said "where is my V?" "Your V?" "Yes, my V!" Well, in anycase, this was the boy whose name my girl was repeating to herself sometime ago. Since her CC is church based, I had assumed that she was repeating some of the words she learnt in school. Now I know better, it's her classmate's name!!! And her favourite partner in crime saved one of his bread for her the other morning (she was late) ... *hmmm* Did I mention how the older boys like to play with her too?

and homefront, helper is sick, hubby is coughing, V is starting to cough and I can feel like phelgm built-up in my throat *sigh*

0 comments: