Sunday, April 18, 2010

a nice weekend

This weekend was relatively nice - managed to have time to bring the kids to the pool. We had an early start yesterday, brought them at about 11 am and they refused to get out of the pool. However, once they were out, showered and fed, they both knocked off for a nice long nap - #2 about 3 hours and #1 about 2 plus hours.

In the evening, we had to return some very overdue-d library books and so we brought the kids out, #2 was on the spur of the moment. He already had his porridge and was playing on the mat when he saw us trooping out and started crying and crawling frantically towards me (how dramatic!). So I scooped him up, grab some diapers and his water bottle and we were out of the door. Yes, I was praying frantically he wouldn't pooped or throw up all over himself or us! Then we stopped at Macs to get some ice cream. This #2, he kept staring at this pretty girl at a table about 5 oclock position from us, so he kept his body twisted and ogling at her! Even as I fed him some bread, he just kept his head and body locked in that position, and just opened his mouth for me to feed him. He was very happy, laughing away and occasionally look at our table to check on us. Girls, beware of him ok?

Today, #1 refused to sleep the entire day, and I have no idea how she kept up with it. She finally slept at 9:30pm, after much coaxing. I brought them out to swim in the evening too - this #2 laughed so loud when I asked him "Swimming?" #1 was jealous as she was somewhere else when I asked #2. She heard it from the helpers and was calling for me. When she finally found me, she went " Didi go swimming? Mummy bring him?!?!?!" I told her, yes, but with her. So she was quite happy and went "NOW NOW NOW????" I wanted to take a short nap but gave up so got them to change and then went down to the pool. I was freezing away in the cold water but the 2 kids were happily playing with the water. #1 is now less scared of the water jets and would ask me to bring her nearer to it. #2 would just happily splash his way around with his tongue sticking out. Then we had to go out so that the hubby could get his hair cut - #2 spotted my bag on my shoulder and went crying, and trying to cling on to me. Too bad for him, I cannot manage both of them as #1 would definitely be cranky. In the end he had to stay at home while #1 got to go out with us. Normally #1 will complain about hot food, but I bought this OCK carrot cake for her - it was so hot that I had difficulty holding on to it, but she insist she would be careful and she chomped it all down within 5 minutes!

I really need to get the aircon fixed - i set it at 20 degree C and it's barely even cool! time to spend $$ again =(

0 comments: