Sunday, April 11, 2010

Trusted and Tried recipes ... con't (cakes II)

With the pound cake ring recipe, I also made a chocolate version.

Using the exact same ingredients, reduce 50g of the self-raising flour and add 50g cocoa powder, though I think the result would be just as great if I had added just the 50g cocoa powder without reducing any of the self-raising flour.

What I did with this recipe was to put 1 oreo cookie at the base of the cups and then add the batter on top (think we made about 24 cupcakes with half of the batter). With the other half, I added 1 cup of coveture dark chocolate drops and then baked it as a 7inch round cake (butter the cake tin and line it with baking paper) (the final product as the top picture).

2 comments:

Barbara said...

O my, that is beautiful. Wow that required some patience and time. I bet those kids will be impressed.

Jo said...

Very Beautiful....wont feel like cutting it....:-)