Sunday, April 04, 2010

Vanessa's Birthday cakes

This year, for some strange reason, I decided to bake V's birthday cake - I had no clue what I wanted to do, and I didn't plan beforehand since by the time I had to bake, I had to bake it (time past too quickly!).

For her school's party, I decided to try 2 new recipes - I didn't hear any complaints from the school so it should be ok? The cake decorating was also on the fly - whatever it seemed nice on the spot!

For her birthday party at home, I vaguely planned for cupcakes with a small cake on top, and I didn't want to spend money on a cupcake display stand (yes I am a cheapskate!) ... so I improvised with Wilton's cupcake holder as the "stand" and I bought 2 cake board as the "plates".

Even as I baked the cake, it was touch and go, since I was *erm* still improvising away! I end up having 60 cupcakes - 1/4 as pound cake with a touch of orange zest, 1/4 as the former with added chocolate chips and 1/2 chocolate pound cake with oreo biscui
ts as the base. The 7 inch cake was the same chocolate pound cake with added chocolate chips.

Then ... came the decorating :P I still no had idea what I wanted to make, so I made it up as I decorated it. The end product? Scroll to the end to see :P

The recipes will follow in the next few days ...





This was the cakelettes for V's party at school.


The variety of cupcakes offered ;P

The cake closed up ...

Cake with the pooh candle

V was out when I was doing up the cake - she came back and zoomed straight to the cake. She then went "WOW!!!"

Needless to say, it was one of the proudest mummy's moments =)





0 comments: