Saturday, April 24, 2010

Time to go out ...

#2 is learning fast - when he sees me with a bag on my shoulder, he knows I'm going out ... and without him. So these days, if he sees me with a bag, he will immediately wail and try to jump into my arms, and then cling on tightly, refusing to go to anyone else.

So .... we kinda trick him .... someone else will just carry an empty bag on their shoulder and offer to carry him. Most often than not, he falls for it and leaps into that person's arms and then ... oops ... why is the person putting the bag back on the seat?

Mostly I try not to "trick" him unless I really to go to run some errands or to use the loo. I quite enjoy the new "attention" he is lavishing on me now ... I bring him along with me if I can, but I can't I will just give him his favourite biscuit as compensation.

He can't say 'no' yet but he sure knows how to shake it. In fact, when he is in a deliriously happy mood, he can shake non stop for a minute or so. But now, he seems to be able to associate "shaking head" for "no". The other day someone offered to carry him, and he took a look at that person and promptly shook his head.

Yes, he's a choosy sorta fellow too ;P

0 comments: