Wednesday, May 23, 2007

The Countdown Starts ...

Countdown to the day I start work has begun. Although I haven't quite decided to start work on June 5 or June 12, but it marks the pending end of my maternity leave anyway.

I know some mummies are eager to go back to work, but I'm not. She has grown quite a bit since birth and she's making all these funny faces and noises now. This morning, she was very smiley too. Besides, her cranky mood starts only at 6pm onwards and it will last till 10pm or so, if we are unable to pacify her in time.

What would I miss? Her smell, her smile, her funny "sign languages" and her angry "HMPH" when she gets awaken from her sleep for whatever reason (her own sneezing or Phoebe's sneezing), or even when the Hubby calls her a naughty girl. She latched on earlier and fell asleep in my laps, and continued sleeping even though I was using the noiser pump to express. I think this is something I would really miss most for mornings.

Anyway, I've started preparing for the D-Day, and I've bagged my 3 bag of BM in the freezer. It's a slow and painsaking process, since I cannot produce enough in a day to bag the excess, and I would have to have enough in the fridge (at least 5 bottles) for her daily feeds, before I take a gamble and store the milk from my pump sessions.

Ok, time to smell her again... I'm missing her scent already.

0 comments: