Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Outdated Mummy

Geez, I'm so outdated with so many things, for example, I didn't even know that Flickr is with Yahoo! now ... and I didn't even know how to use the tags/ photo URLs anymore. So ... I cheated :P

The other things I'm outdated on? Baby learning tools - I didn't even know how to search for baby flash cards! Anyway thanks to my sister, I've downloaded some and printed them. Now to buy a laminating machine in case my girl decides to chew on the card instead.

Went back to the office yesterday and I was shocked to see the reception area gone. Yup, they are doing renovations to the place and it has moved to another floor. Thank goodness my office still remains the same (that is, the mess) so that's some comfort in the familiarity.

My girl was generally docile for the first 20 minutes or so (she was sleeping) until she decided to show her girl power (no give face to mummy dearest) and decide to wail my office down *sigh* Tried patting, walking, nursing and to no avail. My colleagues helped and took over her for a little, she quieten down for 10 minutes then she started again. Found out in the end, her diapers were dirty and she wanted a change. So my sister helped and when she was finishing, Vanessa decided to sneeze and *poot* some stuff shot out and didn't quite land accurately within the diaper area ... you can imagine ;P anyway barely 20 minutes later she started crying again - this time, she just wanted to fart! So after that, she was all nice, sweet and calm. Took a ride home from my colleague and she went to sleep quietly. I'm not going out with her alone EVER again - not in the near future at least!

Suddenly, I feel so out of touch from the world out there ... but really, not that I mind. My girl is providing me with enough entertainment and stress every single day to keep me on my toes!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

hi can u share the site where you downloaded the flash cards? Much appreciated

muminthemaking said...

Hi!

I got it off here!

http://www.babybumblebee.com/company/freebies.cfm

Anonymous said...

Thanks a lot!