Monday, May 21, 2007

Drama Mama week

It has been another crazy week - 3 of my loved ones got into some health/ physical problems over the week, and I celebrated my birthday with a sweet, sweet cuddle from my baby.

My sister dozed off at the wheel while driving into her office car park. She drove into a tree, but luckily she wasn't hurt badly. She just had a very nasty shock and was still very angry at herself. It's probably due to the lack of sleep, but still, I worry for her. How long more can she last since she is only having a few hours of sleep each day?

Then her baby had difficulty in breathing a night later. Emily probably choked on her phlegm or reflux and they had to call for an ambulance. Emily only managed to break into a cry after the paramedics arrived, but still she had to be warded for observations. More things to worry for her family, I just hope Emily is doing better.

My ma-jie, blacked out at home the day after, and luckily, BEFORE the other family members went out. So they spend the day shuttling her to the doctors and X-ray, and I hope they were not grumbling about having to miss their shopping trip for that day.

Then for my birthday, the hubby made up for the boo boo on Mother's Day. He sent me flowers (a very nice touch) and left me a card on my keyboard. The card was very sweet, it's signed from Vanessa (using his left hand to write) and it's definitely a keeper. It will go into my girl's keepsake box. The hubby also brought me out for dinner, one of my favourite cuisine, Turkish food! Although not my favourite restaurant, but the food was quite good and they had different dishes from the usual haunt. Then we had yummy ice cream at Haagen Daaz *yum* and we promptly came home since I had to pump.

Then while I was finishing up my pump session, the girl was very irritable and was crying in short spurts. So I gave her my breast as a pacifier (she spit out her NUK pacificer earlier) and she latched on for a short while. Then she realised she wasn't hungry and detached herself while staring at me with her big eyes. So I gently rocked her on my laps and got the hubby to switch off the living room lights. She continued to stare at me for the next 10 minutes then promptly *ZzZZzz* 5 minutes later her arm was limp and I put her to bed and she continued to sleep for the next 2 hours. It's an accomplishment for me, and I think it was a really sweet present from her, re-affirming my abilities as a mother.

It has been a week of bad and good news, and I hope the weeks to come will only be of good news.

0 comments: