Friday, May 04, 2007

What a week ...

It's been nothing but stress, stress, stress and more stress.

Monday - the full month cakes arrived and I delivered some out. So basically travelled from the west to Serangoon then to Yio Chu Kang with a lunch break at Thomson Plaza, then to tiong bahru, back to the west and home sweet home. I was feeling a bit woozy and decided to rest. Then I figured it doesn't feel too right, and I also had a achy spot on my left breast. Turned out I had a mild fever which we attributed to the long journey today (I drove) and I went to bed late because I simply couldn't sleep.

Tuesday - the achy spot got bigger and more painful. I got a bit alarmed by the lumps in my breasts on both sides and that I wasn't experiencing any letdown at all. Pumping wasn't helping so I let baby latched on 3 times but the lumps didn't go away. Nothing much I could do anyway since we were doing Vanessa's full month celebrations that night. We still had to prepare the place and entertain some visitors who had to come early since they weren't able to make it later. The celebrations itself? It's another story to drive my BP up, but nevermind, it's OVER already. Thank goodness. After the celebrations, pumped milk, went to bed.

Wednesday - fever shot up to 39.5. Took panadol and didn't work. Tried called LCs for help, one said, "Please make an appointment for tomorrow morning, we are closing soon." The other, no response at all. In the end, we went to a GP who gave me antibotics. He said it's Mastitis and I'm like so super duper low morale. I also rang up Rose who came over to my place in the middle of the night and to help me to massage out the lumps in both breasts. She said the more stress I am, the less likely I am going to get rid of the lumps. So to rest more, drink more water and don't worry too much ... but how not too ... when ...

Thursday - my confinement nanny is leaving this morning, she left at 930am. I cried because I felt so helpless and clueless. Anyway I am still not helping much around the house, as I am still recuperating from the fever. Good news though, it's down to mid to low 37. The maid seems to be doing fine with the baby. Baby seems to be doing fine with the formula milk.

Friday (today) - second day with out the confinement nanny. I'm feeling better, so I could breastfeed baby, just that my left nipple is getting SORE. Right breast is doing ok. I just hope my left breast gets better soon - it's still quite red, sore and SWOLLEN.

I'm just tired - baby won't let me pat her to sleep though, so now it's my hubby and the maid who's doing the burping and the patting to sleep.

0 comments: