Sunday, April 29, 2007

APGAR score

Vanessa scored 9 out of 10 in the APGAR test - actually we have no idea what the APGAR is all about.

Anyway today I was flipping through the book, ' What to Expect - the first year' and I saw the APGAR score table. So I showed to the hubby since I remember he asking about APGAR.

He asked what did baby score and I replied '9'.

His next question? "So which part did baby not get full marks for?"

I think I'll volunteer to deal with Vanessa's schoolwork when she gets older.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

scoring full marks for APGAR doesn't mean your baby will be genius - read this month motherhood mag

muminthemaking said...

yes we do know that.

In fact it was that article i refered to.

my point in this case, is that in the event my hubby is worrying about the baby scoring 100% in all the various tests, whether intelligence/ academic/ or in this case, genius related or not, I guess I would be better off handling the academic results since I'm not the high flyer in this family.

btw, I'm not too concerned if the baby is a genius or not. why give yourself or the baby additional stress?