Sunday, April 22, 2007

Little miracles ...

One of the little miracles I count for the day is that she's still willing to latch on!

My hubby, the confinement lady and the maid were out to the market today and I watched the clock keenly. Since baby has reverted back to 80ml, her feeding times is cut to 2 hours interval.

Right on dot, my mother had to call at the time, she woke up, wailed and I had to picked her up, answer the call, and to reply I'll call back later (she will call at least 3 to 4 times unless someone picks up the phone - sometimes she doesn't get the idea that other people can be busy doing things). Baby fussed a little but started to cry louder so I tried breastfeeding and she latched on not quite immediately, but after a moment or two of hesitation. Well, it's still painful, since my areolas are still pretty sore from the contant pumping, and she chomps on quite hard.

How much did she take? I'm not sure, my guess is 30ml to 40ml, since she fell asleep promptly at the breast and didn't even given me a chance to switch sides. She started fussing about 1 hour later, but the rest were back, so the confinement lady gave her the bottle.

My 2 dogs also came home, and they are contented to lie at my feet. Rascal is a bit smarter, he waits till I've finished feeding and burping the baby, and while carrying the baby in one arm, he comes forward with his sad looking eyes - so he got his "sayanging". Phoebe the more impatient one, gave up and just slumped at my feet. They are now both sleeping under the computer table, after a restless night (they have to sleep in the kitchen now, but still on their beloved beds). Of course they are upset that they don't get to sleep on or under my bed, or even on the sofa, but we just have to make little adjustments until baby's a bigger and we are sure how the doggies will react to her. I just hope Phoebe will stop chewing on my wooden cabinets, stools, door frames and skirtings *sigh*

0 comments: