Thursday, April 05, 2007

Baby Vanessa is finally here!

I survived the scary terse moments before they insert the drip needle into my left hand as well as the part where they did the epidural for me.

It wasn't awful, but while waiting outside the operating theater without the Hubby, somehow all the emotions pent up inside me suddenly just demanded to be released. So out of the blue, while the nurse was briefing me, my tears started overflowing and while I wasn't hysterical, it was enough to alarmed the nurses. Although I'm sure they have seen lots of cases like mine, they were very nice to try to calm me down. Dr Y arrived later to find me curled up on my side, and he patted me on the shoulder and said," Nervous hah? Never mind, it will be ok, don't worry."

The rest of the scene, after being wheeled into the OT, was kinda of a blur to me - I guess the medicine that was injected to make me drowsy was enough to conk out my memory, even though the medicine was injected some 30 minutes later!

Anyway there was some OT drama, as related by the Hubby, but I'll save it for a later posting - the 2 main aims of this posting are:

1) I survived! The pain, the needles, the gore and the er, icky stuff about having a operation.
2) Baby Vanessa (yes, I got my way!) is doing fine and she's a sweet little baby (well she's mine, of course she's sweet!).

Look out for more later, but I'm not sure how I'll cope with the recovering wound (pain *ouch*) and having the baby at home. So I may not update immediately or with a really long post - I'll just do what I can.

I'll get the pics from the Hubby later and post it up.

Thank you for all the nice messages, SMS and presents!

0 comments: