Saturday, April 21, 2007

The Inhouse Cow

I've been breaking my personal records - of some sorts ...

Every morning, I mentally challenge myself - how much can I pump out? Well, this morning a new record was set - 240ml (I beat yesterday's record of 220ml).

Last night, I also set another new record - highest total volume of milk pumped for the day is now standing at 800ml (the previous record was 750ml).

Proud? Not really, since I'm more frantic about producing enough milk for her. I've checked her total consumption yesterday - 1000ml! Her per feed is now 100ml, and she's been wanting to drink every 2 to 4 hours. It helps slightly that we supplement with 1 formula feed per night, but that's all the help I'm willing to accept now. So pump I must, milk I have to produce ;P

Just hope that I have enough patience to hang in for the long term - I'm investing in a new pump :P Ameda twin engine, so hopefully I can pump more in LESS time ... the hourly pumps are just killing my back ...

0 comments: